Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies


This chocolate chip cookie recipe has been an amazing hit around my house for the last few weeks. I received the recipe months ago and have kept tweaking it until it was perfect. I hope you enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
3 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Add vanilla.
Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to wet ingredients.
Add salt.
Add flour, along with chocolate chips and walnuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden.
Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet then, transfer to wire wrack to cool completely.
Yields about 40 cookies.

Love.Bake.Kiss.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I would have to agree. I shared them with everyone in my office and they were amazed!!
    Mama

    ReplyDelete